Monday, November 7, 2011
Week of October 31st
My MicroAquarium was teeming with organisms this week, due to the food pellet being adding last week. It made the organisms reproduce like crazy. Although many organisms were flourishing, my bug Carlos was dead, which was very sad. I looked up what kind of bug he could have been and I decided it looked most like a damselfly larva. Not only was Carlos dead, but I also noticed another dead larva of some sort that I had not seen previously. Even though the larva did not survive, The organisms I had observed in the previous weeks had grown and flourished. I saw many Hateria that were everywhere. I noticed that they were bouncing around and according to the text Fresh Water Protozoa, this is a distinctive characteristic of Hateria. I saw one Closterium and two Litonotus that I had not seen before. As I scanned the bottom I noticed a worm going crazy which I was told was a Nimatoad. I saw some micratic and a wheel animalcules called philodina roscola. That was interesting because I could see the wheels moving, which I thought was fascinating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment