Sunday, November 13, 2011
Week of November 7
This week was the last for my MicroAquarium and I, which is actually really sad! It kind of turned into my little pet over the past couple weeks. When I went and observed this week there were Euchlanis sp. EVERYWHERE. They were taking over and clearly had doubled in numbers. I also saw a few Chaetonotus but not nearly as many as Euchlanis. There was also a mite that I had never seen before which was really gross. Most of the other organisms I saw at the beginning were no longer present and if they were there was not that many of them. There was some sort of green algae that was new and after some research I think it was a Closterium. I used the books Free Living Freshwater Protozoa A colour guide by D.J. Patterson and Guide to Microlife by Kenneth G Rainis and Bruce J Russel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment